Smartphones? We all have it. But what about a smart home? What if a smart home means a peace of mind and freedom to live the outgoing or traveling lifestyle that you love?
Thanks to Hive, now it’s possible more than ever, to have a home that you can control through an app from your phone.
Have you ever used your flat iron and left home and wondered if you have switched it off and afraid that it might burn your place down? Or have you ever gone traveling and wonder how you can turn the lights on and off at certain times to make it look like someone is home at night?
How about turning the AC on and off or controling the temperature in your house from anywhere?
All of these is now possible with Hive’s products:
- Hive Hub™ – Hive Hub plugs into a broadband router to see and control the ecosystem of products from a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Hive Active Thermostat™ – A clever way to control heating and cooling, at home or from your smartphone.
- Hive Active Light™ – Switch lights on and off, set schedules, and dim lights from a smartphone with Hive Active Light™ Bulbs.
- Hive Window or Door Sensors™ – Clever wireless sensors send alerts to your phone if windows or doors are opened or closed.
- Hive Motion Sensor™ – Another clever wireless sensor that sends alert to your phone if there’s movement in your home.
- Hive Active Plug™ – Turn electrical appliances like an iron, radio, or lamp on and off from anywhere, anytime.
And if makes you wonder how much it costs to get Hive activated at your home and how hard it is…the answer is simple: Hive offers low subscription plans for as low as $9.99 and because it is self-install, you don’t need to pay a technician to come to your house and install the products. There’s also no upfront device costs and an on-demand customer service is available.
The Hive Welcome Home (Standard) package comes with the Hive Hub™, Hive Active Thermostat™, 4 Hive Active Light™ Bulbs (Warm to Cool White), 2 Hive Active Plug™, 2 Hive WIndow or Door Sensors™, and 1 Hive Motion Sensor™.
Once you receive your package, the first step is to create an account on their website www.hivehome.com and then set-up your Hive Hub™ because this is basically the core of your smart home. This sends signals to all the Hive products in your home that you are able to control from your phone.
Once that is set-up, all you have to do is install all the other products you have and the Hive Hub™ will detect all of them and send signal that will make it visible on your Hive app.
My two favorites are definitely the Hive Active Light™ and the Hive Active Plug™. With the Hive Active Light™, I can control the brightness or dimness of the lights around the house. I can also schedule them to turn on and off at certain period of times.
While with the Hive Active Plug, you can turn on and off any appliances that’s connected to it. For example, a rice cooker, a crockpot, a flat iron, a coffee maker and so on and so forth.
In the near future, Hive will also come out with new plans and add-ons like a camera and the colorful light bulb. I can’t wait to check those out!
Hive is all about fun, effortless lifestyle. Now that we have Hive, there are a few more things I have to worry about when I leave home.
If you are interested in finding out more information about Hive products. go to www.hivehome.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hive. The opinions and text are all mine.